Floral Greeting Card Using New Crafty Flower sets #3 and 4
Spellbinders Crafty Flower #3 designed by Scrappy Cat SKU# S2-170
Spellbinders Crafty Flower #4 designed by Scrappy Cat SKU# S2-171
Spellbinders Nestabilities Standard circles small SKU# S4-116
White, lavender dot and purple Cardstock
Spellbinders Celebrations paper pack
Scrappy Cat Stamp Effects Pigment ink pad in Lavender SKU#SCR952
Scrappy Cat Stamp Effects Glitter glue in Lt. green SKU#SCR713
1. Cut white cardstock to make an A2 card - 4 1/4″x 5 1/2″. Ink the edges with Scrappy Cat ink.
2. Cut Spellbinders Celebrations cardstock to size to allow about 1/4″ border . around the edges of the card.
3. Cut a thin lavender dot strip of cardstock and adhere between the patterned paper.
4. Using the circle die, cut one circle
5. Using Spellbinders Crafty flower #4 by Scrappy Cat - cut qty. 2 base flowers ink the edges. Fold the petals of the top flower upward for dimension.
6. Cut 5 large petals from Crafty Flower #4 and ink the edges. Fold the edges of the petal to form shape and adhere. Place petals in the center of the flower.
7. Using Crafty Flower #3, cut 2 medium sized green leaves. Add glitter glue.
8. Attach finished flower to the center of the purple circle and add leaves.
Springtime Floral Banner
Scrappy Cat has put together an adorable floral springtime banner for you to create and use for your next upcoming party. The colors are stunning with Scrappy Cat’s new die collection by Spellbinders. It will impress your guests and it’s quite easy to make. Let me show you how:
1. Spellbinders Crafty Flower #1 designed by Scrappy Cat sku# S2-168
2. Spellbinders Crafty Flower #3 designed by Scrappy Cat sku# S2-170
3. Spellbinders enhanced banner sku# SCD-001
4. Spellbinders A2 scalloped borders one sku# S5-182
5. Spellbinders sprigs - sku#S2-048
6. Cardstock colors: light and dark green, orange, white
7. Green striped paper straws by Darice
8. mini floral bud vases by Darice
10. Scrappy Cat Stamp Effects glitter glue sku#SCR713 Lt. green with rainbow glitter
11. Scrappy Cat Stamp Effects ink pads:
Sku# SCR703 - Acorn squash
12. Baker’s twine by Darice
1. Using Spellbinders banner die set cut and emboss: qty. 3 green and qty.3 orange banners. Layer as shown
2. Using Spellbinders card borders, cut 3 circle lace designs and cut out the centers of the borders to fit the banner size. Add some ink and glitter glue and attach to the top of the banner.
3. Using Spellbinders sprig die, cut 3 sprigs, add glitter glue and layer on top of the borders.
4. To make the first flower for banner:
A. Use Spellbinders Crafty Flower #3 designed by Scrappy Cat cut and emboss the following pieces:
qty. 5 large leaves, mix up the shades of green
qty. 2 medium leaves with jagged edges
qty. 2 medium leaves
Apply ink along edges to add dimension and add Scrappy Cat glitter glue along the veins and embossed areas of the leaves. Fold at the bottom of each leaf to create a cup shape. The large leaves are to be placed on the outside, followed by medium and jagged edged leaves.
B. Using Spellbinders Crafty Flower #1 designed by ScrappyCat cut and emboss the following pieces:
qty. 4 orange rounded petals
qty. 1 white rounded petal
Follow same ink, glitter and glue instructions as above. Form petals with your fingers. Orange petals are around the outside and the white petal is placed on the inside of the flower.
5. To make the second flower for banner: Use both Crafty flower #1 and #3
A. Cut qty. 4 medium sized leaves
B. Cut qty. 4 orange rounded petals
C. Cut qty. 1 white spike flower
D. Follow the same ink, glitter, glue and arranging instructions as flower # 1
6. To make the third flower for banner: Use both Crafty flower #1 and #3
A. Cut qty. 4 large dark green leaves
B. Cut qty. 3 light green jagged edged leaves
C. Cut 3 orange petals
D. Cut qty. 3 small white flowers
E. Follow the same ink, glitter, glue and arranging instructions as flower #1 and #2.
I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial. Please feel free to send comments. I would love to hear from you.
Jazz up a spool of thread
Do you like to sew or know someone who does? Want to add some “life” to your sewing room? Or add a decorative touch to a sewing gift? Scrappy Cat has put together a beautifully decorated spool of thread and with just a few materials you can easily duplicate this project.
Spellbinders Crafty Flower #3 SKU# S2-170 /designed by Scrappy Cat
Spellbinders Decorative Labels #1 SKU#S4-379
Scrappy Cat Stamp Effects Glitter Glue Light Green with Rainbow glitter SKU# SCR713
Spool of thread
White, pink, light and dark green cardstock
1. Cut one decorative label using white cardstock and the smallest die
2. Using your Scrappy Cat glitter glue, add accents to the label
3. Using Crafty Flower #3, by Scrappy Cat - Cut out 2 large light green leaves. Add glitter glue to the veins. Fold base and glue under the label. Shape petals with your fingers.
4. Cut 4 small leaves with dark green cardstock. Glue to the center of the label
5. Cut 2 small flowers with pink cardstock. Bend, fold and shape , glue to the center of the small leaves. Add glitter glue on top of the petals. Scrappy Cat glitter glue is very versatile. By using just a small amount of the green on pink petal tips, it takes on a clear iridescent color.
Decorative Glass Bottle using Spellbinders Die designed by Scrappy Cat Crafty Flower #2
Decorative bottles are a very popular home decor item. I would like to show you how to decorate a glass bottle using one of our New Dies, Crafty Flower #2
1. Cut the following shapes to make the large flower
Qty. 2 large orange flowers
Qty. 2 large purple flowers
Qty. 11 large purple petals
Qty. 8 medium sized orange petals
Qty. 4 orange small flowers
2. Using Scrappy Cat Stamp Effect pigment ink in orange and purple ink the edges of all flower petals to add dimension.
3. Layer flower and add petals as follows:
A. Begin by using glue and layer 2 large orange flowers as the base
B. Next add 2 purple large flowers . Slightly fold the petals of the first flower upward for added dimension
C. Fold the petals upward on purple flower #2 to form a cup like shape
D. Using the slit on the orange petals, fold and glue each petal. Glue them around the purple cup flower, qty. 8 medium sized orange petals
E. Fold qty. 4 small orange flowers 3 times so that the petals are clustered
F. Use glue to hold all 4 small clustered flowers in the center of the flower
To make the small Flower that sits on top of the cork:
1. Cut qty. 5 medium orange petals and ink as instructed above
2. Cut qty. 1 small orange flower (ink)
3. Cut qty. 2 small purple flowers (ink)
4. Using the slit on the bottom of each orange petal, apply glue and fold to make the petal form a cup like base. Glue the petals around the top of the cork
5. Add the small orange flower
6. Fold each purple small flower 3 times so that the petals stand upward and glue.
1. Spellbinders/Scrappy Cat Crafty Flower #2 Item # S2-169
2. Orange and purple cardstock
3. Scrappy Cat Stamp Effects pigment ink pads
Everyday ink collection - Acorn Squash SCR703
Vintage ink collection - Lavender SCR952
4. Purple decorative bottle - purchased at Pat Catan’s stores
5. Suggestion: Tombow Aqua Mono liquid glue
I found this glue to work very well
New Product Release!